In today’s world, almost every type of business from home based business (with no technology or low technology) to large corporations (with high technology) has a website.
Websites are created for a number of reasons including establishing a brand identity, educating new and existing customers and selling your products or services online. In fact, many potential customers will visit your website to learn more about your products and services long before they contact you directly.
Unfortunately, you only have approximately 4 to 7 seconds to capture their attention. Adding personalization to your web site will help you keep them there with the “WOW” factor.
A website that is personalized will immediately develop trust and create confidence with your potential and existing customers. Here are 4 insider secrets guaranteed to help personalize your website:
- Add a signature – You can scan your own signature and create a graphic from that image. However for security issues like identity theft you shouldn’t use your real signature. As an alternative use software with some handwriting fonts to create your own unique signature.
- Add a picture – You can add a picture of you, your team or both. Adding pictures with a brief bio or a description increases website success which has a lasting effect that lead to higher sales. The trick with adding pictures is maintaining consistency with the size and shape.
- Add streaming audio – According to the experts buyers need to hear your voice in order to more effectively sell your products and services on your web site, buyers need to hear your voice, according to experts. There are many audio tools with functions that range from editing your audio files to converting MP3 and wav files. Though the idea is to keep it simple, most products minimum requirements include a microphone, software and training.
- Add streaming video – Allowing customers to see your message, products or advertising in a video format offers the same great benefits as with streaming audio. However this format can utilize more space or bandwidth which leads to getting billed extra from your hosting company.
These insider secrets add far more than just a personal touch to your web site. They set you apart which gives your site a leg-up over your competition. The benefits include:
- showing who you are
- connecting with customers
- standing out in the crowd
- impressing your customers
- generating more revenue
Personalizing your website goes a long way by building long and profitable business relationships with customers. Adding a signature, pictures, streaming audio and video can increase the time visitors spend on your website.